- Is this the type of home we’re looking for? Does it have the ideal number of bedrooms, etc.?
- Are the rooms spacious enough for our needs?
- Are there any repairs or other maintenance issues that need to be addressed?
- How old is the property? Is there anything major, such as a furnace, that will need to be replaced soon?
- What is the neighbourhood like? Will we be happy living in this area? Is it safe?
- Is this home going to fit our lifestyle? Is there an area for the kids to play? Is there ample room for entertaining? Is the dining room large enough for dinner with family and relatives?
The more you can anticipate these questions and prepare your home accordingly, the better the chances that you’ll sell it quickly and for a good price.
For example, remember that clutter will make a room appear smaller. So, make sure to de-clutter your home – especially the smaller spaces and cupboards.
If your house is in a desirable neighbourhood, create a list of area features (i.e. local parks, access to public transit, walking paths, etc.) to help buyers appreciate the value of living there.
Basically, when you’re preparing your home for sale, pretend you're the Buyer!If you would like to discuss listing your property please give me a call.